Menu

Bathroom Fire Displaces Family In Hamden

0 Comments


Bathroom Fire Displaces Family In Hamden-0

A bathroom fire displaced a family late Wednesday night in Hamden, according to fire officials. Firefighters responded to a home in the 100 block of Hawthorne Avenue at about 11:50 p.m. on the report of a structure fire. All of the occupants were out of the home when firefighters arrived.

“Engine 3 made entry to the home and encountered a heavy smoke condition emitting from the first floor bathroom,” fire officials wrote in a press release. “The crew was able to extinguish the fire using a fire extinguisher, confining the damage to the bathroom. Companies remained on scene until 12:39 a.m. checking for any fire extension and ventilating the home. (HFD responding companies E3, E2, Sq1, T1 R1, C3).”

Fire Marshal Brian Dolan has determined that the accidental fire started in the bathroom light/fan assembly. The displaced residents will be staying with family while repairs are being made, officials said.

[“source=patch”]

Tags: , , , , ,