BLAZE HELL Scots student heartbroken after fire started by MIRROR rips through bedroom – ruining precious pics and heirlooms

Emmy Hall returned from university in Dundee to the news that her cherished pictures and family heirlooms had been destroyed by the horror blaze.

Image result for BLAZE HELL Scots student heartbroken after fire started by MIRROR rips through bedroom – ruining precious pics and heirlooms

Emily Hall
3
Emily Hall lost precious pictures and heirlooms in the blaze

And the 19-year-old is now urging others to be careful as she showed off the extent of the damage.

She said: “It’s one of those things you hear about but you never think it would happen to you.


Scottish teen has lucky escape after iPhone overheats and sets FIRE to her bedroom

“You should never leave a magnified mirror next to a window.

“My room went up in flames after the light reflected light onto my curtains and set them on fire.

“Now the whole room smells of smoke and I’m having to replace everything.

 

3
The fire ravaged Emmy’s room

“All of my photos are ruined as is my childhood teddy.

“It’s really upsetting this close to Christmas.”

Elly, who studies business and management in Dundee, came home to her parents’ house in Perth last week.

And she found out that it was only after a worker in their home smelled smoke that they realised the fire had broken out.

[“source=forbes]

Massive tree crashes into bedroom while couple slept in Montecito home

Tree crashes into Montecito home

MONTECITO, Calif. – Longtime Montecito residents Oscar and Linda Sepulveda had a close call during the recent storm when powerful winds and rains uprooted a massive tree that crashed from a neighbor’s yard into their bedroom.

The pine tree came down late Thursday night while the couple was asleep.

Montecito had received two and a half inches of rain coupled with 50 mph wind gusts throughout the day and into the evening.

“The whole thing started with the rain coming down,” said Oscar Sepulveda. “There was thunder and lightning. It was incredible.”

A loud crash overhead startled the couple from their sleep.

“All of the sudden, some tree branches were sticking through the ceiling hanging over our bed,” Sepulveda said.

The tree, about 70 feet tall, slammed into their home on Sycamore Canyon Drive. Three large branches punctured their roof. The branches dangling eerily from their ceiling.

One branch was just inches from the head of their bed.

“We’ve been very, very lucky,” Sepulveda said.

The couple has lived through two fires and the devastating mudslide last January.

Sepulveda said he and his wife are grateful they weren’t injured by the tree.

[“source=ndtv”]

Bedroom specialist creates 100 jobs in Northampton

Bedroom delivery and installation company Keen & Able is creating 100 jobs in Northampton.

In a statement released today, the firm revealed the expansions follows its relocation from Long Eaton to Northampton after experiencing “huge growth” for its products and services.

In support of the recruitment drive Keen & Able is holding a special recruitment open day alongside its recruitment agency partner Frontline Recruitment at The Hilton, Northampton on Thursday (15 November) from 8.45am onward.

[“source=idealhome.co]

Bedroom fire damages West Hartford home

Image result for Bedroom fire damages West Hartford homeJust a day after taking over the top spot with the West Hartford Fire Department, newly appointed Chief Gregory Priest was digging through charred debris at a house fire Sunday that chased a family out of their Clarendon Avenue home.

“It’s been an interesting first 24 hours,” Priest said.

The blaze, which started in a second-floor bedroom at 9 Clarendon Ave., at the corner of South Quaker Lane, was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Firefighters arrived in four minutes, by which time the occupants had evacuated, Priest said. The fire was quickly knocked down and there were no injuries, he said.

Priest said investigators believe the fire was accidental and have traced the origin to a piece of electrical equipment. The flames were contained to the bedroom, but there was smoke and heat damage in other rooms and the house was not habitable Sunday night, Priest said.

[“source=idealhome.co]

Dad Builds Son The Most Amazing Changing Room Bedroom

Dad Builds Son The Most Amazing Changing Room Bedroom

Imagine the scene. You arrive home from school one day, open your bedroom door and stroll into an incredible recreation of Tranmere’s official dressing room. You’d be pretty chuft, right?

Rovers legend Johnny King’s famous quote: “I can’t promise success, but I can promise a trip to the moon.” is proudly printed above the replica shirts, while dad has built a bench underneath for extra seating.

JUST LOOK AT IT!

Image: Twitter
Image: Twitter

This young fan must be delighted after asking his dad for a changing room-style place to chill. He’s even got a place to hang up his boots.

Anybody else really want a bedroom like this? Mum posted the above pictures on Twitter last night and it soon went viral, picking up over 2,000 likes in a matter of hours.

[“source=idealhome.co]

Elderly man saved after sleeping through bedroom fire

fire engine 8

fire engine 8Image result for https://www.spiritfm.net/news/sussex-news/2732308/elderly-man-saved-after-sleeping-through-bedroom-fire/

An elderly man has been saved by firefighters in Chichester when he was found asleep next to a fire at his property.

Three crews, two from Chichester and one from Bognor, attended the scene in Langdale Avenue on Wednesday night and their escape route helped elderly gentleman to ‘wake up and escape’.

The West Sussex Fire & Rescue station manager for Bognor Regis, East Wittering and Selsey, Gary Bell, described the crew actions as ‘fantastic’ and ‘well-planned’.

A spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue confirmed the fire was located in a bedroom on the 1st floor and one person was found in the property.

We were called to a fire at a property in Langdale Avenue, Chichester

Three engines, two from Chichester and one from Bognor, attended the scene. On arrival, the fire was located in a bedroom on the 1st floor. It was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one high-pressure hose reel, and one covering jet.

One person in the property was handed over to SECAmb. We left at 23.07 after fitting a new smoke alarm in the property.

[“source=idealhome.co]