BLAZE HELL Scots student heartbroken after fire started by MIRROR rips through bedroom – ruining precious pics and heirlooms

Emmy Hall returned from university in Dundee to the news that her cherished pictures and family heirlooms had been destroyed by the horror blaze.

Image result for BLAZE HELL Scots student heartbroken after fire started by MIRROR rips through bedroom – ruining precious pics and heirlooms

Emily Hall
3
Emily Hall lost precious pictures and heirlooms in the blaze

And the 19-year-old is now urging others to be careful as she showed off the extent of the damage.

She said: “It’s one of those things you hear about but you never think it would happen to you.


Scottish teen has lucky escape after iPhone overheats and sets FIRE to her bedroom

“You should never leave a magnified mirror next to a window.

“My room went up in flames after the light reflected light onto my curtains and set them on fire.

“Now the whole room smells of smoke and I’m having to replace everything.

 

3
The fire ravaged Emmy’s room

“All of my photos are ruined as is my childhood teddy.

“It’s really upsetting this close to Christmas.”

Elly, who studies business and management in Dundee, came home to her parents’ house in Perth last week.

And she found out that it was only after a worker in their home smelled smoke that they realised the fire had broken out.

[“source=forbes]

Red-tailed hawk crashes through living room window, landing at dining room table

Image result for Red-tailed hawk crashes through living room window, landing at dining room table

Red-tailed hawk crashes through living room window, landing at dining room table

A family in Bellevue, Washington, returned home to find their front window shattered and a red-tailed hawk in their living room.

>> Read more trending news

The hawk flew around in the house, breaking vases and another window as it tried to escape.

Kani McKeague said when she came home, her boyfriend’s mother was already in the house and pointed out the bird.

“I was like ‘Oh my gosh.’ It was standing there kind of like this, like a statue,” McKeague said.

The family called the non-emergency number for police and was quickly connected to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.

The hawk was perched on a dining room chair when help arrived.

Sgt. Kim Chandler moved in to carefully capture the hawk as cellphone cameras recorded.

>> Trending: Workplace bullying, violence can increase your heart attack risk, study says

“The beak is pretty formidable but the talons are the business end, that’s the most important part,” Chandler said on Friday.

“You can absolutely tell by that video that bird was not happy.”

Chandler was wearing thick gloves and grabbed the hawk by the talons. He put pantyhose over the head of the hawk and pulled it down over the wings to keep it contained, but to still allow it to breath and move.

He took the hawk home and put it in a box overnight. The next morning he put the hawk on his deck.

“She’s posturing and her wings are out and her mouth is wide open. Like she was going to eat me, right now,” said Chandler.

[“source=forbes]

Elderly man saved after sleeping through bedroom fire

fire engine 8

fire engine 8Image result for https://www.spiritfm.net/news/sussex-news/2732308/elderly-man-saved-after-sleeping-through-bedroom-fire/

An elderly man has been saved by firefighters in Chichester when he was found asleep next to a fire at his property.

Three crews, two from Chichester and one from Bognor, attended the scene in Langdale Avenue on Wednesday night and their escape route helped elderly gentleman to ‘wake up and escape’.

The West Sussex Fire & Rescue station manager for Bognor Regis, East Wittering and Selsey, Gary Bell, described the crew actions as ‘fantastic’ and ‘well-planned’.

A spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue confirmed the fire was located in a bedroom on the 1st floor and one person was found in the property.

We were called to a fire at a property in Langdale Avenue, Chichester

Three engines, two from Chichester and one from Bognor, attended the scene. On arrival, the fire was located in a bedroom on the 1st floor. It was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one high-pressure hose reel, and one covering jet.

One person in the property was handed over to SECAmb. We left at 23.07 after fitting a new smoke alarm in the property.

[“source=idealhome.co]